Fundamentals of Signal Processing for Sound and Vibration Engineers by Kihong Shin, Joseph Hammond (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $202.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $161.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.60Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Signal Processing for Sound and Vibration Engineers is based on Joe Hammond's many years of teaching experience at the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research, University of Southampton. Whilst the applications presented emphasise sound and vibration, the book focusses on the basic essentials of signal processing that ensures its appeal as a reference text to students and practitioners in all areas of mechanical, automotive, aerospace and civil engineering. Offers an excellent introduction to signal processing for students and professionals in the sound and vibration engineering field. Split into two parts, covering deterministic signals then random signals, and offering a clear explanation of their theory and application together with appropriate MATLAB examples. Provides an excellent study tool for those new to the field of signal processing. Integrates topics within continuous, discrete, deterministic and random signals to facilitate better understanding of the topic as a whole. Illustrated with MATLAB examples, some using 'real' measured data, as well as fifty MATLAB codes on an accompanying website.
- Author BiographyJoseph (Joe) Hammond graduated in Aeronautical Engineering in 1966 at the University of Southampton. He completed his PhD in the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research (ISVR) in 1972 whilst a lecturer in the Mathematics Department at Portsmouth Polytechnic. He returned to Southampton in 1978 as a lecturer in the ISVR, and was later Senior lecturer, Professor, Deputy Director and then Director of the ISVR from 1992-2001. In 2001 he became Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, and in 2003 Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Science and Mathematics. he retired in July 2007 and is an Emeritus Professor at Southampton. Kihong Shin graduated in Precision Mechanical Engineering from Hanyang University, Korea in 1989. After spending several years as an electric motor design and NVH engineer in Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., he started an MSc at Cranfield University in 1992, on the design of rotating machines with reference to noise and vibration. Following this, he joined the ISR and completed his PhD on nonlinear vibration and signal processing in 1996. In 2000, he moved back to Korea as a contract Professor of Hanyang University. In Mar. 2002, he joined Andong National University as an Assistant Professor, and is currently an Associate Professor.
- Author(s)Joseph Hammond,Kihong Shin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight854 g
- Width176 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.