All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Sound and Vibration covers the physical, mathematical, and technical foundations of sound and vibration at audio frequencies. This introductory text presents acoustics, vibration, and the associated signal processing in a single volume at a level suitable for a graduate student or practising engineer having prior formal training in the field. It is based on the first semester of the Masters programme in Sound and Vibration Studies at the internationally acclaimed Institute of Sound and Vibration Research at the University of Southampton. Extensively revised and updated, the book includes a new introductory chapter and new chapters on the measurement of sound and vibration. Other chapters include fundamentals of acoustics, fundamentals of vibration, signal processing, ise control, human response to sound and human response to vibration; many of these have been substantially revised. Example problems and answers for self study are included.
- Author BiographyFrank Fahy retired in 1997 from his post of professor of engineering acoustics in the Institute of Sound and Vibration Research (ISVR) of the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom. Professor Fahy played a major role in the development and standardization of the means of measuring the magnitude and direction of energy flow in sound fields (sound intensity), which have greatly improved our ability to locate, distinguish and quantify individual sources of noise in the presence of other sources. He is also the author of five textbooks and monographs on sound and vibration and the coeditor of six others. David Thompson is professor of railway noise and vibration at the ISVR and head of the Dynamics Group at the University of Southampton. He graduated from Cambridge in mathematics and has a PhD from ISVR. Prior to returning to ISVR in 1996, he worked at British Rail Research in Derby, United Kingdom and Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek in the Netherlands. His research covers railway noise and vibration, and makes use of a wide variety of analytical, numerical and experimental techniques for vibration and acoustics. He has published over 100 papers and one book.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note20 black & white tables, 12 black & white halftones, 200 black & white line drawings
- Weight929 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDavid Thompson,Frank Fahy
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.