All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the impact that Western democracy assistance programs have had on the development of women's and soldiers' rights NGOs in Russia in the post-Soviet period. The author examines Western assistance programs and NGO sectors in seven Russian regions, and finds that the rms that Western dors promote in their civil society programs, as well as the positive or negative local political environment in each city, have a dramatic influence on the extent to which the interactions between foreign dors and NGOs contribute to developing an NGO sector that is supportive of democracy. This is the first book to systematically analyze these interactions across numerous regions and across two different NGO issue sectors, and it produces important new conclusions about how different domestic political contexts and rmative values shape the effectiveness of Western aid.
- Author BiographyLisa McIntosh Sundstrom is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
- Author(s)Lisa McIntosh Sundstrom
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note14 tables
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.