All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionFunny You Should Think About a Return to Judaism/A Journey From Comedy Stages to the Wisdom of Sages By Richard Morris This book is about priorities. A ship that is changing course will inevitably move forward to ather destination. And that course might, indeed, lead that vessel to more inviting and fulfilling waters than at first imagined. Richard Morris is a stand-up comedian and writer who was one of the original writers, and a frequent guest, on NBC's Late Night with David Letterman. He has written a book about his transformation from total devotion to a show business lifestyle, to how he had the chance to realize a deeper, more personal awareness: the story of how he learned about his Judaism again. The spiritual and practical level he had the opportunity to go searching for turned out to be the funny, inspiring and very personal story of his travels, his encounters, and the great clarity that he found. Richard's story is told here. But everyone who is Jewish can apply it to his or her own journey; their own circumstances; their own dreams. Everybody has a story. With Richard's book, n-Jews can also certainly be inspired by this story of Jewish return, to look at their own respective religions in a new, practical, and yes, funny way. It's all about feeling connected to something substantial, of real value, and also about being able to laugh about something that's often looked at as something very serious. Look for this book to entertain, inspire and be revealing. And as it's been said in many Jewish delicatessens through the years: Enjoy!
- Author BiographyBiography Richard Morris - Stand-up Comedian and Writer Richard Morris was born in Manhattan, raised in the Bronx, and received a BA Degree in Political Science and Speech and Theatre from Hunter College and a Master of Science Degree in Speech and Theatre from Brooklyn College Graduate Center. Richard's first job out of Graduate School was as an assistant audio-visual specialist for the Prudential Insurance Co. of America in Newark, NJ. Using that job as incentive to find something more creative, and more to his liking, Richard began auditioning for acting jobs in New York. He landed a job as an actor in a famous summer theatre, The New London Barn Playhouse, in New London, NH. From there, Richard became a working actor in New York moving on to become a headline stand-up comedian in NY and LA at all the well-known comedy clubs: THE IMPROV, CATCH A RISING STAR, THE COMEDY STORE, THE COMEDY CELLAR and THE COMIC STRIP. He became a guest comedian on several national TV shows which subsequently led to becoming one of the original writers, and a frequent guest comedian, on NBC's LATE NIGHT WITH DAVID LETTERMAN. Continuing on as a popular headline comedian in nightclubs and colleges all across the country, and on many other national TV shows, Richard began exploring the possibilities of learning more about his Judaism. He did find the opportunity to learn, and found himself not only returning to his Judaism--but becoming observant. Richard has written a book about his return: FUNNY YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT A RETURN TO JUDAISM/A Journey From Comedy Stages to the Wisdom of Sages--and has incorporated the book into his appearances for Jewish audiences in his show called: COMEDY AND COMING HOME. Richard has also written several one-act plays, all absurd comedies, and continues to write and perform his own stand-up comedy act for all audiences.
- Author(s)Richard Morris
- PublisherForward Focus Publishing
- Date of Publication16/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForward Focus Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byZhanna Vaynberg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.