All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $43.66
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.19
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $33.91
About this product
- DescriptionAfter leaving DC Comics and suing that company in a dispute over the rights to Superman, the character's co-creators, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, rejoined their former DC editor Vin Sullivan-who had bought their character and edited the earliest adventures-at his new company, Magazine Enterprises. The duo's new creation, Funnyman, starred in a series that ran just six issues (cover-dated January-August 1948).
- Author BiographyJerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created the character Superman for DC Comics and saved an industry that was on the brink of destruction. They left DC Comics to go to Magazine Enterprises. However both men never reached the heights of fame that Superman brought to them. They saw little money from their most famous creation. In the 1970's a financial agreement was reached that helped support both men till their deaths. Since then Jerry Siegel's family have sued DC for more of the millions that Superman brought them that they feel the creators are still owed.
- Author(s)MR Jerry Siegel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Superheroes
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)MR Joe Shuster
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.