All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an illustrated pocket guide to identifying and dating furniture for collectors. Each double-page spread is devoted to a particular item and gives a question-and-answer guide to identification, followed by a detailed analysis. There are tes on fakes and restorations. The guide features analyses of individual types of furniture, organized by category and period, from America, England and the continent. Special spreads are given over to woods, legs and feet, handles, pediments and mouldings. Special categories include drawered furniture, seat furniture, tables, writing furniture, bookcases and cabinets, mirrors and beds. A companion checklist of art deco antiques is published simultaneously.
- Author BiographyJudith Miller began collecting in the 1960s while a student at Edinburgh University in Scotland. She has since become one of the world's leading antiques experts in the field. In 1979 she co-founded the international best-seller Miller's Antiques Price Guide and has since written more than 100 books. Judith Miller appears regularly on TV and radio. She is an expert on the BBC's 'Antiques Roadshow' and hosted the BBC TV series 'The House Detectives', ITV's 'Antiques Trail', and Discovery's 'It's Your Bid'. She has appeared on 'The Martha Stewart Show' and CNN. She is a regular lecturer and contributor to numerous newspapers and magazines, including Financial Times, BBC Homes & Antiques and House & Garden. She has lectured extensively, including at the V&A in London and the Smithsonian in Washington.
- Author(s)Judith Miller,Martin Miller
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication20/05/1991
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleMiller's Antiques Checklist
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date28/02/2001
- Content Note350 colour photographs
- Weight250 g
- Width92 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.