All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in a small town in New Zealand, Peter Gordon didn't discover avocados or sushi until he moved to Australia in his late teens. From there he travelled to Asia where a whole new culinary world opened before his eyes. Often dubbed the 'father of Fusion cuisine' - a culinary style that integrates various regional flavours and cooking techniques in order to create invative new tastes - Peter reveals in Fusion: A Culinary Journey how he developed his unique culinary philosophy, influenced by his travels around the world, exploring different cuisines, foods, tastes and cooking ideas. For anyone who thinks they have never eaten -or perhaps have interest in- fusion cuisine, this book is a real eye-opener: as Peter says, without Fusion, the Italians wouldn't be serving Polenta -as corn and maize are from the Americas; Thai's wouldn't have chillies, peanuts or coriander; the Spanish couldn't serve their delicious grilled toast rubbed with garlic, olive oil and tomatoes -as tomatoes too are from ather continent. Illustrated with stunning photography from rewned photographer Jean Cazals, Peter takes us on a journey through Asia, Europe and the Pacific and presents 80 delicious recipes plus the key ingredients that epitomise Fusion cuisine.
- Author BiographyPeter Gordon set up the kitchen of the original The Sugar Club restaurant in Wellington, New Zealand in 1986 followed by two British incarnations in London's Notting Hill and West Soho. In 2001 he opened The Providores and Tapa Room Restaurant on Marylebone High Street with his partner Michael McGrath. In 2004, he set up the Dine by Peter Gordon restaurant in the SKYCITY Grand Hotel in Auckland soon followed by the Bellota tapas bar in 2006. Peter and Michael are also co-owners of the lauded vineyard Waitaki Braids in North Otago, New Zealand. In 2011, Peter's latest London restaurant Kopapa opened at the heart of Seven Dials, bringing innovation and creativity to one of the capital's most vibrant eating areas.
- Author(s)Peter Gordon
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Width238 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.