All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to help architects, design teams and University clients (estates departments, and academics) in their pursuit of practical and invative solutions for the creation of enabling higher education learning environments. It includes abundant examples of solutions to design problems and advice on best practice. This book argues that investment in the higher education sector is a driver for intellectual, social and ecomic development, offering opportunities for positive impacts for the physical environment on the character and performance of higher education. The editor believes that good outcomes result from good design, which should address elements such as learning from best current practice, the importance of clear briefing, good environmental performance, the positive social impacts and, also, the importance of ensuring a beautiful outcome. It has chapters contributed from leading-edge practices, including case studies with highly illustrated project examples. All this is underpinned by an understanding of the practicalities of working in the sector as well as the socio-political and ecomic context and trends shaping future practice.
- Author BiographyIan Taylor is a partner at Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios, with extensive experience in universities, schools, arts and culture, low-energy master planning, workplaces, and innovative housing projects. This book was written in collaboration with the Higher Education Design Quality Forum, a unique partnership between clients and design professionals, working to improve the quality of higher education buildings and estates.
- PublisherRIBA Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRIBA Enterprises
- Content Note105, 105 colour illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width196 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byIan Taylor
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.