All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributors draw on their research, kwledge and practical experience to address a variety of contemporary issues of importance to Maori. The topics they explore cover identity and selfdetermination, the environment, te reo Maori, education, social and ecomic issues, and governance and leadership. Discussions reflect the many contexts within which new ideas arise and are then debated and explored, as well as the many ways in which kwledge can be created and shared. Throughout the book, Maori people, history, strengths, resources and circumstances are at the forefront.
- Author BiographyDr Selwyn Katene (Ngati Toa, Ngati Tama, Ngauruahine, Ngati Tuwharetoa) is Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Maori and Pasifika) at Massey University. Prior to this, he was Director of MANU AO (Maori Academic Network across Universities in Aotearoa), established to promote Maori leadership and scholarship and links between academics and professionals. He has also been General Manager of the Mental Health Commission, an advisor to the Minister of Health and a manager in the Ministry of Health and Public Health Commission. Malcolm Mulholland (Ngati Kahungunu ki Wairarapa) has worked in mediarelated roles in the Mana Party and as a researcher at Te Putahi-a-Toi, School of Maori Studies at Massey University. He authored the award-winning Beneath the Maori Moon, edited State of the Maori Nation and co-edited Maori and the Environment and Weeping Waters.
- PrizesShortlisted for Nga Kupu Ora Te Korero Pono / Non-Fiction Book Award 2014.
- PublisherHuia Publishers
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintHuia Publishers
- Content Note1 illustration (black and white)
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height205 mm
- Edited byMalcolm Mulholland,Selwyn Katene
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.