CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionTaking us from a Seventh Day Adventist boarding school to a traveling exhibition of plasticine bodies, from the moonlit paths of Yellowstone National Park to a quiet New Hampshire lake house, Vollmer's twelve stories are at once sorrowful, exuberant, and absurdly comical.
- Author BiographyMatthew Vollmer's work has appeared in Paris Review, Virginia Quarterly Review, Epoch, Tin House, Colorado Review, Gulf Coast, Antioch Review, Portland Review, Confrontation, Salt Hill, Fugue, PRISM International, and New Letters. His work has been twice short-listed for the Best American Short Stories series, and he has been nominated numerous times for the Pushcart Prize. A winner of a 2010 grant from the US National Endowment of the Arts, Vollmer holds a B.A. in English from the University of North Carolina, an M.A. in English from North Carolina State University, and an M.F.A. in fiction writing from the Iowa Writers' Workshop. He now teaches in the English Department at Virginia Tech, where he also advises graduate teaching assistants in the composition program. He lives in Blacksburg, Virginia, with his wife, Kelly Pender, their son Elijah, and dog Ruby.
- Author(s)Matthew Vollmer
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight261 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.