All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from artists, theorists and activists, among them David Graeber, Brian Holes and Geert Lovink, Future Publics reflects on the emergence of radically new publics whose origins in moments of social crisis and political uncertainty inspire them to question existing forms of collective organization, decision-making structures and protocols. These future publics recognize that following the collapse of late capital's certitudes, the institutions of political and cultural life cant continue as usual. Utopian yet pragmatic, insurgent yet self-critical, they resist rmalization into restrictive definitions of citizenship, cutting across conventional lines of class, region, ethnicity and ideological affiliation. This reader explores how the imaginative and intellectual labor of these new publics has proposed new speculative forms of belonging and collaboration beyond the ones envisaged within the paradigm of contemporary art.
- Author(s)Ariella Azoulay,Simon Sheikh,Stephen Wright
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight340 g
- Width112 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMaria Hlavajova,Ranjit Hoskote
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.