Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was written out of Gretel Ehrlich s love for winter for remote and cold places, for the ways winter frees our imagination and invigorates our feet, mind, and soul and also out of the fear that our democracy of gratification has irreparably altered the climate. Over the course of a year, Ehrlich experiences firsthand the myriad expressions of cold, giving us marvelous histories of wind, water, sw, and ice, of ocean currents and weather cycles. From Tierra del Fuego in the south to Spitsbergen, east of Greenland, at the very top of the world, she explores how our very consciousness is animated and enlivened by the archaic rhythms and erupting oscillations of weather. We share Ehrlich s experience of the thrills of cold, but also her questions: What will happen to us if we are deseasoned ? If winter ends, will we survive?
- Author BiographyGretel Ehrlich is the author of <b>This Cold Heaven </b>and <b>The Solace of Open Spaces</b>, among other works of nonfiction, fiction, and poetry. She divides her time between California and Wyoming.
- Author(s)Gretel Ehrlich
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication12/01/2006
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight240 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.