Futurecast: How Superpowers, Populations, and Globalization Will Change Your World by the Year 2020 by Robert J Shapiro (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.64Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.44Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat will life be like in America, Europe, Japan, and China in the year 2020? As the world grows increasingly interconnected and inter-related by globalization, ecomic crisis and new techlogies, the answer to this important question depends largely on the paths taken by the world's major nations. In Futurecast, Robert J. Shapiro, a man world leaders and heads of industry look to for straight talk on the global ecomic, political and financial affairs, sketches the future with a critical eye to tell us what our world will really be like over the next decade. In this brief time, he foresees monumental changes caused by three historic new forces globalization, the aging of societies, and America's role as a sole superpower with near peer that will determine the paths of nations and the lives of countless millions. The U.S. and China will be the world's two indispensable ecomies, dominating the course of globalization. Globalization will continue to shift heavy manufacturing and millions of high-end service jobs from advanced countries like the U.S., to China, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Romania, Turkey and other developing nations. Europe's major nations and Japan will face the prospect of serious ecomic decline and critical problems in their retirement pension systems, pushing them further towards the periphery of global ecomic and geopolitical power. Every major country the U.S., Europe, Japan, China will face critical problems maintaining their health care systems, and the entire world will face a slow-motion crisis over energy supplies and the need to confront climate change. In an unstable world, Robert Shapiro's Futurecast is a necessary road map to the coming years.
- Author BiographyROBERT J. SHAPIRO is chairman of Sonecon, LLC, an economic advisory firm, and a fellow at numerous academic and research institutions. He served as Under Secretary of Commerce from 1997-2001 and as Bill Clinton's principal economic advisor in the 1992 campaign. He also advised the campaign and transition of Barack Obama. He lives in Washington D.C.
- Author(s)Robert J Shapiro
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication21/07/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.