All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe widespread use of fuzzy set theory in almost every science attests to its intuitive appeal and the powerful insights it offers. Despite its relevance as a tool for evaluating n-stochastic behavioural uncertainty and its clear applicability to the business world, fuzzy mathematics has yet to establish itself in mainstream ecomic analysis. Fuzzy Sets and Ecomics presents a clear and concise introduction to fuzzy mathematics and demonstrates its adaptability to the analysis of oligopolistic competition. In particular, the author indicates how the ecomic evaluation of n-cooperative oligopoly markets is changed when fuzzy set mathematics is used. The neoclassical view that oligopolistic competition is inefficient is shown only to apply in the short run while policy matters, such as antitrust, and some basic ecomic fundamentals, such as the supply-demand paradigm, are affected by the introduction of a fuzzy mathematics framework.
- Author BiographyYusuf M. Mansur, Formerly Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Oklahoma, US
- Author(s)Yusuf M. Mansur
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/1995
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Note35figs.3tabs.
- Weight391 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.