Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionIn this story, again we meet Gabriella, the clever, precocious and funny little girl who continues to be in love with the sounds of tap shoes. This time she uses her wit and determination to overcome the obstacles that she encounters as she tries to find the right floor to tap dance on. With the help of her brother Steven and her Aunt Debra, see how she keeps trying over and over again until her dilemma is solved!
- Author BiographyTap Dancer KAREN CALLAWAY WILLIAMS, the Producer of Rhythms for Ruby and the author of Gabriella's Tap Shoes and Rhythms for Ruby (in print and audio book), is known for being both the first African-American female tap dancer and dance captain in RIVERDANCE - THE SHOW and the only African-American female tap dancer and dance captain in RIVERDANCE - ON BROADWAY. Other Broadway credits include the Tony Award nominated Duke Ellington musical PLAY ON. She is currently featured on the cover of Flow Magazine and in the wonderful current documentary BEEN RICH ALL MY LIFE the story of the Silver Belles, having now received the honor of being a Second Generation Silver Belle. Karen has toured extensively having recently returned from Zurich Switzerland for the Zurich Tap Festival, The United Arab Emirates (Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain) with the Duke Ellington Big Band, Armenia and Romania with TAP CITY ON TOUR through the Unites States Embassy, the ALL THAT TAP TAIPEI festival in Taiwan, on Canadian soil with TAP GIANTS and Tap TEL AVIV and in Beijing, China, Canada and North America with the RIVERDANCE Flying Squad and RIVERDANCE, Boyne Company. DANCE MAGAZINE heralded her as a graceful dream with taps as happy as a song and the New York Times called her a gifted traditionalist with laughing eyes. She was a featured tap solo artist with the Detroit, Toronto and Indianapolis Symphony Orchestras and in ALL THAT JAZZ and the BSO HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. In addition she was a soloist and special guest choreographer for the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. Two memorable performances were held at THE HOLE IN THE WALL GANG CAMP for Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward and at the APOLLO THEATRE with the Silver Belles for President Bill Clinton. In addition to performing, Ms. Williams has established herself as a prominent tap instructor teaching statewide on a weekly basis. Her teaching history includes Spelman College, The Alvin Ailey American Dance Center, Poly-Prep Country Day School, PPAS in Manhattan, NJPAC Dance Academy, NYC Dance Alliance, national and international tap festivals, dance camps, master classes and enrichment programs. Look for the upcoming release of her third book for children Gabriella and the Tap Dance Floor. All books are available on Amazon.com.
- Author(s)Karen Callaway Williams
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Patricia A Carroll
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.