All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHans-Georg Gadamer (1900-2002), one of the towering figures of contemporary Continental philosophy, is best kwn for Truth and Method, where he elaborated the concept of philosophical hermeneutics, a programmatic way to get to what we do when we engage in interpretation. Donatella Di Cesare highlights the central place of Greek philosophy, particularly Plato, in Gadamer's work, brings out differences between his thought and that of Heidegger, and connects him with discussions and debates in pragmatism. This is a sensitive and thoroughly readable philosophical portrait of one of the 20th century's most powerful thinkers.
- Author BiographyDonatella Di Cesare is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Rome La Sapienza. She is author of Grammatica dei tempi messianici and Ermeneutica della finitezza. Niall Keane is Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Limerick.
- Author(s)Donatella Di Cesare
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byNiall Keane
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.