All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is doubtful that the appearance of a town has changed as much as Galashiels has in the last few decades. Once a town at the centre of the Scottish Tweed and Woollen industry, very few reminders of that age can w be seen. Gala is w a town which concentrates mainly on retail and service industries. However, Galaleans continue to be very proud of their history and roots with many returning annually to the town to celebrate the Braw Lads Day. With the former Scottish College of Textiles w a university campus a new generation of students worldwide come to Galashiels, continuing to be educated in the textile and clothing industry. The images in this fully updated and revised edition trace the changes that have taken place in Galashiels over a number of years and will hopefully evoke memories for many. It is also a record of what is happening w within this Scottish Borders town.
- Author BiographySheila Scott, a professional photographer in Galashiels for 30 years. She provides a fascinating selection of photographs tracing some of the many ways in which Galashiels has changed over the last century, but in particular over the last few deacdes.
- Author(s)Shelia Scott
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.