All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionIAU Symposium 309 contains contributions on the timely theme of spatially and energetically resolved properties of galaxies. New techlogies in 3D spectroscopy in the optical and near-infrared regimes, and radio interferometry, allow for the first time the efficient mapping of stars, gas and dust in galaxies near and far. This volume demonstrates how detailed measurements of individual objects are complemented by surveys aiming at a full census of galaxies across the local Universe. Reaching out to the limits of the Universe, the evolution of spatially resolved properties is traced throughout our whole cosmic history. In parallel with this, new computer techlogy and highly advanced algorithms are exploited for detailed simulations to probe the underlying physical and cosmological connections. This volume benefits astromers and graduate students working in areas relating to galaxy formation and evolution, star formation, dust and stellar populations.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleProceedings of the International Astronomical Union Symposia and Colloquia
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note298 b/w illus.
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBodo L. Ziegler,Francoise Combes,Helmut Dannerbauer,Miguel Angel Verdugo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.