All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionBored during Mass at the cathedral in Pisa, the 17-year-old Galileo regarded the chandelier swinging overhead - and remarked, to his great surprise, that the lamp took as many beats to complete an arc when hardly moving as when it was swinging widely, Galileo's Pendulum tells the story of what this observation meant, and of its profound consequences for science and techlogy.
- Author BiographyRoger G. Newton is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Physics at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Roger G. Newton
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note16 halftones, 18 line illustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.