All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWith over 470 full-color photographs of labels from cigar boxes and a complete price guide, this book is a treasury of advertising images. Fair maidens, stylish and sedate or with a sensuous display of cleavage, are partnered with those ne'er-do-wells, railroad magnates, and political wizards of the male gender in a grand introduction to American mass marketing. Cigar box label art is a true American art form, designed to grab the buyer by the tail of his coat and spin him around, see-gar in hand, ready to buy again. The magic has t gone away! Take a look for yourself.
- Author BiographyThe author's enchanted pursuit of these beautiful pieces of Americana has endured for over 30 years--and resulted in a fabulous collection of old cigar box labels from the period of 1860 through 1930.
- Author(s)Jero L. Gardner
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/1999
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note471 color photos
- Weight884 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.