Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAre you interested in learning more about gaming? Are you trying to determine whether it might be an appropriate training and development solution, but aren't sure where to start? While games have long been an important part of human social developmentthink learning to take turns in a board game, and strategizing about future moves in chess or checkerswe are only w beginning to understand how games can be a powerful tool in learning. This issue of TD at Work will: define games, gamification, and simulation; and discuss the types of games people play walk you through the process of creating a game by outlining its design and gaming framework describe how to get stakeholders and sponsors to support the gaming solution.
- Author BiographyStephanie Daul is currently a Design Technologist at W.W. Grainger, Inc. where she is responsible for designing performance improvement solutions. These solutions include traditional classroom instruction, eLearning, and virtual sessions. Additionally, she researches new learning and knowledge technologies and techniques for developing performance improvement solutions. Stephanie has a reputation for turning very complex technical solutions into user friendly applications from which others can learn. Prior to her current role, she held a variety of positions in sales, supplier relationship management and Human Resources. Prior to joining Grainger, Stephanie taught junior high school. Stephanie holds a BS in Education from Northern Illinois University, USA and a Masters Degree in Training and Employee Development from Roosevelt University, USA.
- Author(s)Stephanie Daul
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleTD at Work (Formerly Infoline)
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight77 g
- Width214 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.