All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGame Graphics Programming examines the many different techniques and effects that are used to create cutting-edge graphics in today's video games and how to implement them. The book takes a detailed look at computer graphics, exploring both the theory and application of each algorithm and effect and how they are structured and executed to generate the rendered result. Detailed C++ source code and pseudocode are used as examples throughout the book to demonstrate the methods being taught, but the techniques presented can be used with any programming language or tool. You'll begin with an introduction to basic 2D and 3D game graphics tools and components including common game mathematics, colors and pixels, and computer memory, as well as ray tracing and rasterization techniques and programmable shaders. Once you've reviewed the foundations of game graphics, you'll go more in-depth with shading and surfaces, direct and global illumination, special effects, and rendering nature. After the how and why of each technique is presented, you'll also examine optimizations that can be done to improve performance and alternative methods. Game Graphics Programming presents you with all of the information you need to efficiently and effectively create eye-catching graphical scenes for video games.
- Author BiographyAllen Sherrod is an experienced author in the field of video game development. Allen's past works include two editions of Ultimate Game Programming with DirectX, Ultimate 3D Game Engine Design and Architecture, Game Graphics Programming, and Data Structures and Algorithms for Game Developers. Allen has also contributed to the Game Developer's Magazine, the Game Programming Gems 6 book, to the Gamasutra.com website, and is the creator of www.UltimateGameProgramming.com.
- Author(s)Allen Sherrod
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication26/07/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationHingham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCharles River Media
- Content Notefigures
- Weight1521 g
- Width193 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.