All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionRecalling some of the greatest players in Red Sox history and some of their greatest games, author Chaz Scoggins traces back over 70 years, to the very start of the seminal Yawkey era, in Game of My Life Boston Red Sox. Beginning with Bobby Doerr, the Hall of Fame second baseman who joined the team in 1937, the book touches on players and their most memorable games from every decade, right up to those who finally experienced the exhilaration of winning that elusive World Series in 2004. Among the many players who recount the most memorable games in their Red Sox careers are Johnny Pesky, Dominic DiMaggio, Mel Parnell, Frank Malzone, Bill Monbouquette, Rico Petrocelli, Fred Lynn, Butch Hobson, and Bruce Hurst. Their recollections and stories linking eight decades of Boston Red Sox baseball and revealing many details unkwn until w will undoubtedly awaken fond but probably long-forgotten memories of lifelong Boston fans themselves. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyChaz Scoggins is an award-winning writer who covered the Red Sox for The Lowell Sun beginning in 1973, up until his retirement in April 2013. Scoggins has also served as the official scorekeeper for the Red Sox and president of the Baseball Writers Association of America. He has also been a broadcaster for Lowell Spinners games. Scoggins is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts--Lowell. Johnny Pesky was a Major League Baseball player and coach. He passed away in 2012.
- Author(s)Chaz Scoggins
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleGame of My Life
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note30 B&W photos
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byJohnny Pesky
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.