All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new addition to the Game of My Life series takes a personal look inside the biggest moments of the Mets' greatest and most beloved players, from journeymen to superstars. Their most unforgettable games paint a picture of Mets history, as the franchise morphed from a dismal (though lovable) expansion team in 1962 to World Series Champions in 1969 and 1986 and then back to basement dwellers before meeting the Yankees in the 2000 Subway Series, and evolving into the current, highly promising squad. Fan favorite Ron Swoboda recounts making The Catch. Infielder Wally Backman relives the many thrills of playing on the '86 Mets as they marched to a championship. All-Star Edgardo Alfonzo describes going six-for-six, including three home runs, in one of the most dominating offensive games in baseball history. Right-hander Bobby Jones recalls pitching the most dominating postseason game in Mets history, when he threw a one-hit shutout to clinch the 2000 National League Division Series against the San Francisco Giants. Current catcher Travis d'Arnaud shares his thoughts on his young career with the Mets, and describes his best game thus far. Journalist Michael Garry, a lifelong Mets fan, also includes stories about Tom Seaver, Mike Piazza, and David Wright, among others. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyMichael Garry is a business, technology, and environmental writer and editor with a thirty-year track record. A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of MIT with a degree in political science, he has a passion for sports, music, writing, and politics. He lives in Danbury, Connecticut, with his wife, Maureen, and his son, Ethan. His greatest moment as a Mets fan was watching Mookie's grounder elude Buckner in the '86 World Series.
- Author(s)Michael Garry
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleGame of My Life
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note20 B&W photos
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byRose Howie
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.