All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe have always learned through stories, and in Game of Thrones on Business managers learn from the parallels drawn between HBO's global phemen and today's business world. The authors also use stories and characters from the series to breathe life into management theory. Readers will discover: * What Tywin Lannister has in common with Steve Jobs; * Why Ned Stark should have had a scenario-planning meeting; * What Daenerys Targaryen can teach us about servant leadership; * How to network like Littlefinger; * Why behaving like Jon Sw will just antagonise your boss. Game of Thrones may look like a story that is as far removed from modern business as is possible, but look a little closer and you'll tice that the differences are merely superficial: that hostile small council meeting is a boardroom showdown, Daenerys Targaryen is the business ingenue you can't afford to disregard and the White Walkers are a slowly advancing threat to your company's survival. If you think you can stomach the cut and thrust of business this book will show you the insider tricks for success and the hidden pitfalls to watch out for. But remember, if you want to go all the way it takes full commitment: when you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is middle ground.
- Author BiographyRebecca Clare is a business editor and publisher. She is the author of two books, the first of which, Game of Thrones on Business, was shortlisted for the 2016 CMI Management Book of the Year. Tim Phillips is a freelance journalist, writing about business, technology, social change and innovation. He has written for The Wall Street Journal Europe, The International Herald Tribune, The Times, The Sunday Times, The Observer, The Independent and The Daily Express among others. For two years he was a technology and internet columnist for the Guardian.
- PrizesShortlisted for CMI Management Book of the Year 2015.
- Author(s)Rebecca Clare,Tim Phillips
- PublisherInfinite Ideas Limited
- Date of Publication12/04/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationDurrington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInfinite Ideas Limited
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.