All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
About this product
- DescriptionA step by step approach to build your kwledge, starting from a simple hello world to discovering arrays, classes, and so on. Each learning point is explained in a practical way, carrying out tasks within the GameMaker development environment. If you are a GameMaker Studio developer who has little experience with writing scripts and want to expand that skill set, this is the book for you. It is assumed that you can already navigate GameMaker Studio to some degree. This book will primarily focus on scripting and the integration of scripts to aid in the production of a game and t actual game design. It is highly recommended that you have access to (or the ability to) create visual and audio assets for the examples presented.
- Author BiographyMatthew DeLucas has been a gameplay engineer with Schell Games in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over five years. He has worked on a wide range of interactive projects for PC, Web, mobiles, and consoles. Matt has also released independent projects for PC and Xbox 360, such as Convextrix, a puzzle game, and Battle High, which is a fighting game series. Being a programmer and designer, Matthew has also participated in almost every official, 48hour Global Game Jam, managing to help his team achieve success while experimenting with new ideas. Matthew began his programming career in GameMaker: Studio and has become proficient with additional game engines, such as Gamebryo and Unity3D, and scripting languages such as C#, Python, Lua, and MaxScript for 3DS Max. Often, he chronicles his experiences with game production on his blog at www.mattrifiedgames.blogspot.com. Matthew has had a desire to work in the game industry ever since he was young, and he enjoys all of the facets of game production-programming, design, and art. His favorite genres include platformer, puzzles, racing, and fighting games, all of which influence his designs.
- Author(s)Matthew DeLucas
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.