All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.68Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionLibrarians are beginning to see the importance of game based learning and incorporating games into library services to increase patron engagement and interaction. This book is written for librarians interested in using games to improve patron or student kwledge of library services and decrease patron anxiety of the library. This book provides practical suggestions and methods of incorporating games or game elements into library services focusing on outreach and instruction. This essay collection discusses invative uses of games in libraries and focuses on the game making process. The contributors of this book are all interested in games and how they can be used for game-based learning or other library purposes, such as outreach. A variety of game usage across different types of libraries is considered. The purpose of this book is to bring together distinctive uses of games in libraries or educational institutions and share these ideas with others to inspire the making and use of games by other librarians and educators.
- Author Biography<strong>Breanne A. Kirsch</strong> is a Public Services Librarian at the University of South Carolina Upstate in Spartanburg, South Carolina. She is the founder and current Chair of the Game Making Interest Group within the Library and Information Technology Association of the American Library Association. She lives in Moore, South Carolina.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBreanne A. Kirsch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.