All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on case studies across the Asia-Pacific region, Gaming in Social, Locative and Mobile Media explores the 'playful turn' in contemporary everyday life, and the role of mobile devices, games and social media in this transformation.
- Author BiographyLarissa Hjorth is an artist, digital ethnographer and Professor in the Games Programs, School of Media and Communication, RMIT University, Australia. She is co-director of RMIT's Digital Ethnography Research Centre (DERC) with Heather Horst. Since 2000, Hjorth has been researching the gendered and socio-cultural dimensions of mobile, social, locative and gaming cultures in the Asia-Pacific. These studies are outlined in her books, Mobile Media in the Asia-Pacific (2009), Games and Gaming (2010), Online@AsiaPacific: Mobile, Social and Locative in the Asia-Pacific Region (with Michael Arnold, 2013), and Understanding Digital Media in the Age of Social Networking (with Sam Hinton, 2013). Ingrid Richardson is Associate Professor in Digital Media at Murdoch University, Western Australia. She has a broad interest in the 'human-technology relation', and has published on topics such as scientific technovision, virtual and augmented reality, games, mobile media and small-screen practices, urban screens, remix culture and web-based content creation and distribution.
- Author(s)Ingrid Richardson,Larissa Hjorth
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.23
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.96
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.