All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent launch of NASA's Gamma-Ray Observatory will increase interest in gamma-ray astromy. This is a fully up-dated new edition of the authors' earlier volume published in 1986 and covers both the background science and the current state-of-the-art in this field. The emphasis is on the astromy and astrophysics of kwn sources of cosmic gamma-rays outside the solar system. The authors discuss the mechanisms for the production and absorption of gamma-rays. The gamma-ray line astromy of the interstellar medium, galactic centre, and various discrete sources is then considered. Gamma-ray bursts are treated in considerable detail in chapter three, and the final two chapters describe medium energy and ultra-high energy gamma-rays. Relevant data from superva SN1987A is also included in this edition. The book includes comprehensive references to the primary literature, together with many figures and tables. The concentration on phemelogy makes this book a fine introduction to gamma-ray astromy.
- Author(s)A. W. Wolfendale,P. V. Ramana Murthy
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1993
- Series TitleCambridge Astrophysics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 22
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note150 b/w illus.
- Weight663 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.