All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionSpeaking after Mahatma Gandhi's assassination, Albert Einstein remarked that in the future people would surely wonder that one such as Gandhi had walked among us. This is because Gandhi was an uncommon person in all respects. Outraged by human suffering, revolted by injustice, and guided by faith, Gandhi spent his life standing up for what he believed to be right. He did this with unfailing strength and equanimity, ready to give his life for the most humble in the belief that every human being should be allowed to live with dignity and freedom. Gandhi spoke up and out. He dissented and stood his ground, and through his actions he changed our world for the better. Gandhi's moral and spiritual courage have made him an excellent role model for each subsequent generation, and his example is as pressing today as ever. This wonderfully engaging book consists of several parts: an eleven-page comic strip about Gandhi's life; a chrology; and twelve two-page chapters about different aspects of Gandhi's life, such as his early years, his life in London, Hinduism, nviolence, and Indian independence. The book ends with a section of referenced quotes both from Gandhi and about him, followed by a list of recommended books and an index. In 2011 named a Skipping Stones Hor book. Elisabeth de Lambilly received her degree in history. She is a prolific author, specializing in nfiction books for children. She is the mother of three and lives in France. Born in France in 1979, Severine Cordier is w an award-winning illustrator. In 2004 her work was selected for exhibition at the Bologna Book Fair, and she also was awarded a prize for painting from the Institute of France. In 2009, she received the prestigious Chros Prize.
- Author BiographyElisabeth de Lambilly received her degree in History. She is a prolific author, specializing in non-fiction books for children. She is the mother of three and lives in France. Born in France in 1979, today Severine is an award-winning illustrator. In 2004, her work was selected for exhibition at the Bologna Book Fair, and that same year she was awarded the Institute of France prize for painting. In 2009, she was awarded the prestigious Chronos prize for her title Emma and her Two Grandmothers.
- Author(s)Elisabeth De Lambilly
- PublisherEnchanted Lion Books
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleGreat Spiritual Figures of Modern Times
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnchanted Lion Books
- Content NoteB&W photographs and color illustrations throughout
- Weight442 g
- Width184 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Severine Cordier
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.