Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionBased on author T.W. Ward's eight and a half years in Los Angeles conducting participant observation with MS-13, Gangsters Without Borders: An Ethgraphy of a Salvadoran Street Gang takes an inside look at gang life in the United States and in a global context. Taking us through their journey from their homeland in El Salvador to the mean streets of Los Angeles, Gangsters Without Borders offers a perspective from the point of view of the hard-core members who live this hard, fast, and dangerous life. A powerful and engaging overview of gang dynamics, Gangsters Without Borders contextualizes the sources and severity of the marginalization felt by Salvadoran immigrants and debunks myths about street gangs in the United States. This account of gangsters' lives before, during, and after their involvement with the gang delivers an intimate and analytical portrait unlike any other.
- Author BiographyT.W. Ward is Associate Professor of Teaching in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Southern California.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of Teaching in the Department of Anthropology T W Ward,Thomas W Ward
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleIssues of Globalization: Case Studies in Contemporary Anthro
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.