Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionAuthored by two leading international experts on aloes and their kin, Gideon F Smith and Estrela Figueiredo, both of the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa and the University of Coimbra in Portugal. Books have been written about aloe species before, but Garden aloes is a world-first, dealing with a range of the most desirable aloe cultivars and hybrids, all of which are exceptionally suitable for planting in gardens. These enhanced aloes have never before had a book dedicated to them. Garden aloes is comprehensively illustrated with full-colour photographs that show the growth forms and a range of the characters that make these plants some of the most desirable to grow in any garden. Identification of the cultivars is made easy through descriptions and a range of images of the plants, their inflorescences and flowers.In the book: the book is comprehensively illustrated with over 300 full-colour photographs of the plants, growth forms, inflorescences and flowers, informative descriptions and flowering periods are provided for more than 60 widely grown and exceptional cultivars and hybrids currently available and the species are arranged in 20 groups according to size and flower colour, making it easy to select what is suitable for your garden.
- Author BiographyWith over 40 books and hundreds of papers to his name, Gideon F Smith is South Africa's most prolific author on aloes and other succulent plants. He is Chief Director for biosystematics and collections at the South African National Biodiversity Institute, professor of plant science at the University of Pretoria, and a research associate at the University of Coimbra, Portugal and the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Through his interests in the biology and classification of succulent plants, as well as landscaping and horticulture, he is involved in various national and international environmental research associations. With a keen interest in all things succulent, Estrela Figueiredo has authored or co-authored books on aloes, succulent gardens, ferns and the Angolan flora. She is a research associate at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth and at the University of Coimbra in Portugal. Her interests are in African flora, plant classification, and sustainable gardening and landscaping.
- Author(s)Estrela Figueiredo,Gideon F. Smith
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Weight510 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.