All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA portfolio of visual inspiration for creating beautiful, evocative, and stylish gardens with natural design and ornament, such as hedges, borders, and paintings, as well as antiques, flea market finds, collectibles, and other decorative objects. Whether you want to re-create the look of a New England farmhouse kitchen garden, the feel of a Tuscan parterre, or the sophistication of a Parisian balcony, the possibilities offered in this delightful book are almost endless. Beginning with a focus on the types of outdoor spaces--from patios, terraces, and courtyards to front porches, perennial borders, and landscapes--Gardenalia explores how to make the garden or outdoor space an extension of your style. Filled with inspirational ideas, the book features superb color photographs that demonstrate the different moods and spatial effects that can be achieved with a carefully selected combination of plant material and decorative objects such as furniture, architectural items, and other objects, both vintage and contemporary. While shrubbery and hedging are the bones of an outdoor space, garden ornaments are the key to style, whether formal or informal. Objects and ornaments can create a sense of relaxed whimsy or serene classicism; they can make a space seem larger or give the illusion of privacy. A separate section is devoted to how to source found objects and making the best use of decorative items, including antique garden furniture, stone troughs and statues, vintage garden tools, distressed terra-cotta pots, and more. This richly illustrated volume is full of ideas for crafting the perfect outdoor space.
- Author BiographySally Coulthard specializes in property restoration, salvage, and eco-living. She writes regularly for leading publications, including Country Living, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, and The Independent.
- Author(s)Sally Coulthard
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1252 g
- Width240 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.