All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThough an old man, Thomas Jefferson wrote at Monticello, I am but a young gardener. Every gardener is. In Gardening in Eden, we enter Arthur Vanderbilt's small enchanted world of the garden, where the old wooden trestle tables of a roadside nursery are covered in crazy quilts of spring color, where a catbird comes to eat raisins from one's hand, and a chipmunk demands a daily ration of salted cocktail nuts. We feel the oppressiveness of endless winter days, the magic of an old-fashioned sw day, the heady, healing qualities of wandering through a greenhouse on a frozen February afteron, the restlessness of a gardener waiting for spring. With a sense of wonder and humor on each page, Arthur Vanderbilt takes us along with him to discover that for those who wait, watch, and labor in the garden, it's all happening right outside our windows.
- Author BiographyAttorney, author, avid gardener, Arthur T. Vanderbilt II practices law in New Jersey and is the author of many works of nonfiction, including Fortune's Children, Golden Days, and The Making of a Bestseller. He lives in northern New Jersey.
- Author(s)Arthur T. Vanderbilt II
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication13/03/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight146 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.