All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExperience twenty-five years of the furry phemen kwn as Garfield with this fun, in-depth, and lavishly illustrated book. Jim Davis s grandfather, James A. Garfield Davis, was a big, cantankerous, outspoken man. Garfield is a big, cantankerous, outspoken cat. Coincidence? Of course t. The cartoon affectionately modeled on his grandfather has propelled creator Jim Davis and Garfield into the realm of comic superstardom. In this book, you ll get a unique look back at the humble beginnings and ermous success of America s favorite feline. In Dog Years I d Be Dead takes a comprehensive look at everything Garfield the comics, the television shows, the zillions of products (who on the planet hasn t seen the grinning plush doll suction-cupped to a car window?), and, of course, the fans. You ll get the inside scoop about the pioneering comic-strip books that set the standard for the industry with a shape w called the Garfield format. You ll venture into the studio where the voice talent recorded TV shows, and hear about the antics of special guest stars like Jonathan Winters and Buddy Hackett. Loaded with never-before-seen archival gems from Jim Davis s personal collection and tribute cartoons from legends like Beetle Bailey s Mort Walker, Blondie s Dean Young, and The Family Circus s Bill Keane, this is a book to treasure.
- Author BiographyJim Daviswas born on July 28, 1945, in Marion, Indiana. He later attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana, where he distinguished himself by earning one of the lowest cumulative grade point averages in the history of the university. (Incidentally, a fellow classmate named David Letterman earned the other). TheGarfieldstrip was born on June 19, 1978, syndicated in forty-one U.S. newspapers. Today it s syndicated in more than 2,100 newspapers worldwide with more than 200 million readers, leading Guinness World Records to nameGarfieldThe Most Widely Syndicated Comic Strip in the World. Davis has had many successes withGarfield, including four Emmy Awards for Outstanding Animated Program and induction into the Licensing Hall of Fame (1998), but his most prized awards are from his peers in the National Cartoonist Society: Best Humor Strip (1981 and 1985), the Elzie Segar Award (1990), and the coveted Reuben Award (1990) for overall excellence in cartooning.
- Author(s)Jim Davis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2004
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1030 g
- Width217 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.77Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.