Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times Book Review Notable Book of the YearOne of Kansas City Star's 100 Noteworthy Books of the YearA Boldtype Notable Book of the YearA Christian Science Monitor Best Book of the YearA San Francisco Chronicle Best Book of the YearDrawing on the stories he gathered from refugee camps over the course of many years, Elias Khoury's epic vel Gate of the Sun has been called the first magnum opus of the Palestinian saga.Yunes, an aging Palestinian freedom fighter, lies in a coma. Keeping vigil at the old man's bedside is his spiritual son, Khalil, who nurses Yunes, refusing to admit that his hero may never regain consciousness. Like a modern-day Scheherazade, Khalil relates the story of Palestinian exile while also recalling Yunes's own extraordinary life and his love for his wife, whom he meets secretly over the years at Bab al-Shams, the Gate of the Sun.
- Author BiographyElias Khoury is the author of eleven novels including The Journey of Little Gandhi, The Kingdom of Strangers, and Yalo. He is a professor of Middle Eastern and Islamic studies at New York University, and editor in chief of the literary supplement of Beirut's daily newspaper, An-Nahar.
- Author(s)Elias Khoury
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Translated byHumphrey Davies
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.