Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.39
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.67
About this product
- DescriptionFrom brilliantly funny and darkly surreal pastiche, to poignantly evoked small-town lives, the stories in Ethan Coen's outstanding debut collection are instantly recognisable to anyone familiar with the award-winning Coen Brothers' films. Yet at the same time they belong in the great tradition of American fiction writing. Peopled with mobsters and hicks, and peppered with sparkling dialogue, some are delicious send-ups of genre classics by authors such as Chandler and Hammett, while others are miniatures of private desperation drawn with a humour and tenderness which places them alongside the best work of Raymond Carver. Their great achievement, however, is that they are unmistakably the work of Ethan Coen, each one meticulously crafted, exhilaratingly imaginative, breathtakingly daring and hilariously funny. Ethan Coen's first venture into writing fiction is a triumph which will be welcomed as much by lovers of great fiction as by the Coen Brothers' legions of fans.
- Author BiographyEthan and Joel Coen's films are Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink (Best Picture, 1991 Cannes Film Festival; two New York Film Critics Circle Awards; three Oscar nominations and one Golden Globe nomination), The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo (nominated for seven Academy Awards, winner of two, including an Oscar for the Best Original Screenplay), The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou? (two Oscar nominations), The Man Who Wasn't There, Intolerable Cruelty, The Ladykillers, No Country for Old Men (four Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director), Burn After Reading, A Serious Man and True Grit (nominated for ten Oscars). Ethan Coen's stories have appeared in The New Yorker, Playboy and Vanity Fair. This collection of original stories is Ethan Coen's first book. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Ethan Coen
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Weight198 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.