All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionGavin Bolton's Contextual Drama is the result of more than two decades of study of Bolton's theory and practice. For teachers and those in the caring professions, it will clarify the power of contextual drama as a beneficial learning medium for children and adults, both within and beyond the classroom. The core of the book is a detailed analysis of nine examples of the contextual drama mode; the first five demonstrate and analyze Bolton's practice with children and young people and the final four describe his teaching with adults. Each chapter is framed by an introduction that contextualizes Bolton, from his beginnings working with visually and aurally challenged children to his position as reader in drama at Durham University. The final two chapters offer reflection on the nature of this work and, in particular, the significance of Bolton's contributions to education.
- Author BiographyMargaret R. Burke is a retired professor of drama and theater in education at Brock University, Ontario, and the University of Victoria, British Columbia.
- Author(s)Margaret R. Burke
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleIB - Theatre in Education
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteportrait
- Weight610 g
- Width172 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.