All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new work form Jon A. Maguire provides an in-depth examination of personal flight clothing and equipment used by United States Army Air Force flyers in World War II. Included are: flight helmets, oxygen masks, goggles, clothing, boots, gloves, flak armor, paper items and emergency equipment such as parachutes and Mae Wests. In addition to U.S. issue items, the book also covers R.A.F. gear used by American airmen. The original items are presented in full color photographs, including detail shots and labels. Also included are hundreds of World War II era photographs showing the items in use, as they were worn. Portions of actual USAAF instructional manuals are provided as well. This book is a valuable reference to historians, collectors, and modelers. It is also a source of memories and reflection for the many USAAF veterans. Jon Maguire has been collecting and researching the uniforms and flight gear of the USAAF for more than twenty years. He is also the author of Silver Wings, Pinks & Greens: Uniforms, Wings & Insignia of USAAF Airmen in World War II, and American Flight Jackets, Airmen & Aircraft: A History of U.S. Flyers' Jackets from World War I to Desert Storm (with John Conway). Both books are available from Schiffer Publishing Ltd. Jon lives in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Author(s)Jon A. Maguire
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 600 b/w and color photos
- Weight1350 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.