All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this engrossing collection of stories and anecdotes, Fr. Roderick shares how he became a new media missionary. Focusing on the importance of personal connection (an essential ingredient of new media), he uncovers the exciting possibilities of using all forms of media to successfully accomplish the mission Jesus gave us: to evangelize the world. Each chapter contains illustrations of using new media as a way to reach out to others. Some examples: How the pope got his iPodReaching 50,000 Harry Potter fans without waving a magic wandWhy gaming can be good for the soulHow to deal with online atheistsThe Mass and mass mediaHow you, too, can become a new media missionaryFr. Roderick s stories introduce a young, secularized generation to an experience of God at work in his Church and in individual lives. Instead of presenting dry theories and principles, this book reveals those principles through experiences of one of today s leading Catholic new media entrepreneurs.
- Author BiographyFr. Roderick Vonhogen is a Catholic priest from Holland. He studied social communications in Rome and has traveled the world to initiate countless Catholic new media projects focused on education and evangelization. A producer, blogger, speaker and media host, Fr. Roderick is the founder and CEO of Star Quest Production Network (SQPN), a multimedia organization whose mission is to use the media for religious information, evangelization, and catechesis, and formation and education. Fr. Roderick lives in Amersfoort, The Netherlands.
- Author(s)Roderick Vonhogen
- PublisherSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Anthony Messenger Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.