Gemba Kaizen: A Commonsense Approach to a Continuous Improvement Strategy by Masaaki Imai (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive, fully up-to-date guide to continuous improvement in the workplace The methods presented in Gemba Kaizen, SecondEdition reveal that when management focuses onimplementing kaizen (incremental, continuous improvement) in the gemba (the worksite) unique opportunities can be discovered for increasing the success and profitability of any organization. An updated version of a classic book that shares awealth of new healthcare examples and case studies from around the world. The methods in this book will help you improve quality and safety, reduce waiting times, and improve the long-term financial position of your organization. Highly recommended! -- Mark Graban, author of Lean Hospitals and coauthor of Healthcare Kaizen Every business faces the iron triangle of quality,cost, and delivery. Conventional thinking claims you cant have all three. Not only does Mr. Imai turn that thinking on its head, but he shows you exactly how to do it. -- Matthew E. May, author of The Elegant Solution and The Laws of Subtraction Masaaki Imai has done it again. The second edition of his famous book t only describes all the tools necessary for any type of business to implement a lean strategy but also includes a large number of excellent case studies. -- Art Byrne, author of The Lean Turnaround Written by Masaaki Imai, pioneer of modern business operational excellence and founder of the Kaizen Institute, Gemba Kaizen, Second Edition is anin-depth revision of this rewned, best-selling work. The book reveals how to implement cost-effective, incremental improvements in your most critical business processes. Global case studies from a wide range of industries demonstrate how gemba kaizen has been successfully used to: Maximize capacity and reduce inventory at Unga Limited, one of Kenya's largest flour-milling operations Change the IT culture at Achmea, a large European insurance firm Exceed customer expectations at Walt Disney World in the United States Improve quality at Iue Hospital in Japan Transform retail processes at Sonae MC, Portugal's largest employer Practice daily kaizen at Tork Ledervin, a weaving plant in Brazil Stamp out muda at Sunclipse, an industrial packaging distributor in the United States Manage quality improvement by total workforce involvement at Xuji Group Corporation, an electrical manufacturer in China Implement gemba kaizen at many other companies worldwide To thrive in today's competitive global ecomy,organizations need to operate more effectively and profitably than ever before. Developing problem solvers, increasing productivity, improving quality, and reducing waste are essential success factors. Proven strategies for achieving these goals are included in this pioneering guide. Gemba Kaizen, Second Edition is the long-awaited,thorough update of the definitive work that applies the Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement and process invation, kaizen, to the critical area of business performance where key transactions take place, the gemba. The result is a streamlined approach to realizing cost-effective, incremental improvements in your most crucial business processes. Written by the rewned quality management expert who introduced the concept of kaizen to the English-speaking world, this invative guide is filled with hundreds of international gemba kaizen success stories and examples from a wide range of industries. These examples illustrate how to reduce costs, improve quality, and increase customersatisfaction. This comprehensive resource offers detailed coverageof important gemba kaizen topics, including: Quality, cost, and delivery in the gemba The five steps of workplace organization Identifying and eliminating muda--any n-value-adding activity Visual management Supervisors' roles in the lean workplace Gemba managers' roles and accountability in sustaining high performance Just-in-time and total flow management The CEO's role in leading a kaizen culture
- Author BiographyMore than any other business authority in the world, Masaaki Imai has championed the concept of kaizen over the past three decades in thought, word, and action. He is considered one of the leaders of the quality movement and a pioneer of modern business operational excellence. Mr. Imai is an international lecturer, consultant, and founder of the Kaizen Institute, a leading continuous improvement consultancy with offices worldwide. Mr. Imai's first book, Kaizen--translated into 14 languages--is the authoritative reference on the subject. In 2010 he was honored for his lifetime of achievement with the first ever Fellowship of Quality Council of India.
- Author(s)Masaaki Imai
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteill
- Weight777 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.