All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether buying gem-set jewellery or loose stones, you will be faced with a colorful array of beauty and value. With such a wide choice - from amethyst to zircon which should you choose? What is it worth, and how do you even kw it is real? All that glitters is t gold, as they say, and all that sparkles is t diamond. Gemstones helps to answer these questions in simple and easy to understand terms. As well as diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires, over 100 gems are featured, with full descriptions, technical details, and tips on how to check for fakes; illustrated throughout with fabulous color photographs to make identification easier. Technical terms such as refraction and fluorescence are explained and some basic identification tests are introduced. A helpful tour around the world details where gems are best available. Informative appendices include a glossary of terms, tables of specific gravity and refractive index, and the comparative value of different stones. The clear, uncomplicated presentation makes this book a must for anyone interested in gemstones, whether as an investment or simply as a hobby.
- Author BiographyKeith Wallis, a qualified gemmologist, is a firm believer in demystifying the complexities of the world of gemstones.
- Author(s)Keith Wallis
- PublisherAntique Collectors' Club Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge, Suffolk
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAntique Collectors' Club Ltd
- Content Note300 col
- Weight857 g
- Width205 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.