All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionDevelops a new framework for working in schools that helps educators make informed decisions about change at individual, classroom, curricular and school levels on behalf of gender equity. Addresses the issue of understanding the impact of education on the two sexes, and looks at responsibility for creating gender-fair environments, organising work and creating environments for learning. The book draws on a two-year study into the role that gender played as three Catholic high schools prepared to move from single sex to coeducation. It does t weigh the advantages of single sex against coeducative approaches, but studies gender in a setting where the particpants' consciousness of gender issues was heightened: faculty and administration were formally and informally discussing gender concepts and students were talking about male and female issues. The book shows that the combination of leadership, staff and curricular awareness, and an understanding of gender fair and gender affirmative practices can serve to improve institutional effectiveness and lead to higher levels of student achievement.
- Author BiographyThe authors work with students and professionals at all levels of the educational system. Celeste Brody, Nancy Nagel, Glennellen Pace and Patricia Schmuck are on the faculty of Lewis and Clark College; Susan Moscato is a professor of nursing at the University of Portland; Penny Poplin Gosetti teaches at University of Toledo; and Kasi Fuller is an educational consultant and evaluator.
- Author(s)Celeste M. Brody,Glennellen Pace,Kasi Allen Fuller,Nancy Gail Nagel,Patricia Schmuck,Penny Poplin Gosetti,Susan Randles Moscato
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/1999
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note8 tables, 4 figures
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.