All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAs cultural construct, gender is fictional and imagined, but is also real in its ideological and representational effects on the formation of self and identity. What is intriguing is the fiction behind the fictional, which many people accept as truth. Critiquing the fictive nature of socially accepted values about gender, the authors in this volume unravel the strategies adopted by writers and filmmakers in (de)constructing the gendered self in mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Author BiographyKWOK-KAN TAM is Chair Professor and Dean of the School of Arts and Social Sciences at the Open University of Hong Kong. TERRY SIU-HAN YIP is Professor and Head of the Department of English Language and Literature at Hong Kong Baptist University.
- PublisherThe Chinese University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintThe Chinese University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKwok-kan Tam
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.