All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionHow can we support children to reach their full potential and t be constrained by gender expectations? Are gender roles fixed at birth or do they develop through experiences? Gender Diversity and Inclusion in Early Years Education introduces practitioners to key aspects of gender in the early years and explores how to ensure that children and staff teams are supported in settings that have outstanding practice. Considering the implications of gender in the context of supporting children, families and practitioners, this book examines the theoretical contexts that surround gender identity and explores current legislation and practice in order to provide practitioners with all the information they need to develop their own work and settings in an open and equal way. Offering a wealth of practical guidance, case studies and reflective questions which link to the EYFS, chapters cover: * a theoretical approach to gender development; * current legislation and the impact on early years practice; * understanding gender fluidity and the way in which children express gender; * creating gender equality when working with children and the role of manager in creating a supportive ethos. Including tasks, reflective points and links to useful websites and organisations, this book will be valuable reading for all early years practitioners and students that want to promote an inclusive environment for the children in their care, their families and colleagues.
- Author BiographyKath Tayler is a Senior Lecturer in Early Years Education at the University of Brighton, UK. She has worked in early years for over 30 years as a nursery nurse, primary teacher and lecturer in early years education and care in both further and higher education. Deborah Price is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Brighton and an Associate Lecturer at The Open University, UK. She has worked in early and primary years as a teacher, trainer, inspector and lecturer.
- Author(s)Deborah Price,Kath Tayler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleDiversity and Inclusion in the Early Years
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.