All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionWomen faculty's participation in academic science and engineering is critical for future US global competitiveness, yet their underrepresentation particularly in senior positions remains a widespread problem. To overcome persistent institutional resistance and barriers to change, the NSF ADVANCE institutional transformation initiative, instituted in 2001, seeks to increase the workforce participation of women faculty in academic science and engineering through systematic institutional transformation. This book assesses the equity, diversity and inclusion outcomes of the changes underway at 19 universities. It provides a comprehensive, stand-alone description of successful approaches to increase the recruitment, advancement and retention of women faculty throughout the academic career pipeline. The findings show that targeted institutional transformation at these 19 U.S. universities has resulted in significant increases in women faculty's workforce participation, as well as improved gender equity and inclusion. Analyses by discipline show that the greatest changes have occurred within engineering and natural science disciplines at these universities. Yet the results also point to the overall continued underrepresentation of women faculty in academic science and engineering at the nation's research universities. A framework of organizational change is derived to serve as a template to academic and other organizations seeking transformation to enhance gender equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Author BiographyDiana Bilimoria, Ph.D. is Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University. Dr. Bilimoria's research focuses on gender and diversity in governance and leadership. She is a co-author of Handbook on Women in Business and Management and Women on Corporate Boards of Directors: International Research and Practice. Xiangfen Liang is currently an independent researcher and consultant in the areas of high education and organizational behavior. She was a Senior Research Associate in the Department of Organizational Behavior at the Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, US.
- Author(s)Diana Bilimoria,Xiangfen Liang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note34 black & white tables, 17 black & white halftones
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.