All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe Macmillan Interdisciplinary Handbooks: Gender series serves undergraduate college students who have had little or exposure to Gender Studies, as well as the curious lay reader. Following the Primer, which introduces the field of study, as well as the topics of the remaining 9 volumes plus a selection of subjects that will t receive full volume treatment (e.g., new media, music, disability), each handbook ushers the reader into a subfield of Gender Studies (see the list of titles, below) and explores twenty to thirty topics in that subfield. Every chapter in each volume, all newly commissioned studies prepared by academic experts, offers an antated bibliography/research guide to encourage students to explore the topics further, using vehicles such as film or the arts to facilitate understanding of issues at the heart of the discipline, for example, fashion, health, masculinities. Each chapter ends with a summary of the concepts discussed. Each volume is edited by an academic subject specialist.
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleMacMillan Interdisciplinary Handbooks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchirmer Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1225 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.