All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionGender, Politics, and Society in Ukraine is the first collection to examine how political, social, and ecomic transitions in post-Communist Ukraine are transforming gender roles and relations within the country. Leading Western and Ukrainian scholars and practitioners address a wide range of effects associated with and reinforced by these transitions - including the breakdown of the general welfare system, the lack of progress in the development of the healthcare system, gender inequality in political representation, the patriarchal nature of nation building, human trafficking, domestic violence, changing conceptions of fatherhood and masculinity, homelessness, and LGBT issues - from a variety of methodological and disciplinary perspectives. Gender, Politics, and Society in Ukraine is particularly invative in its exploration of both women's and men's experiences and the ways in which gender relations shift over time in societies undergoing transitions to democracy. As such, this volume furthers the understanding of the complex obstacles and challenges of working towards gender equality in evolving democracies and identifies future priorities for research, politics, and policy development.
- Author BiographyOlena Hankivksy is an associate professor in the School of Public Policy at Simon Fraser University. Anastasiya Salnykova is a PhD candidate in the Department of Political Science at the University of British Columbia.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAnastasiya Salnykova,Olena Hankivsky
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.