All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the gendered politics in the context of a merger of the women's and men's athletic departments at the University of Minnesota over a ten year plus span. Examining the athletic department merger helps us understand women's continual under-representation in University athletics despite Title IX legislation passing 40 years ago. Using interview with organizational stakeholders and archival document data, the book explores how organizational change in the form of a merger is gendered with relation to the premerger, merged, post-merger stages.
- Author BiographyLisa A. Kihl is Associate Professor of Sport Management in the School of Kinesiology at the University of Minnesota, USA. Her teaching interests intersect sport ethics, policy, and governance. She has published in the areas of sport corruption, corporate social responsibility, athletes and governance, and leadership and organizational change in sport. Vicki D. Schull is Assistant Professor in the Department of Human Performance at Minnesota State University, Mankato, USA. Her research interests include leadership in sport, gender relations in sport, issues in intercollegiate athletics, and organizational change in sport. Sally Shaw is Senior Lecturer in the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences at the University of Otago, New Zealand.She has published widely in leading sport management journals. Her research interests include gender relations in sport organisations, sport organization governance, and the development of anti-homophobia policies in sport.
- Author(s)Lisa A. Kihl,Sally Shaw,Vicki D. Schull
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/08/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight349 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.