Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding of welfare states has been much enriched by comparative work on welfare regimes and gender. This book uses these debates to illuminate the changing gender regimes in countries of Central and Eastern Europe. It has particular significance as countries in the region make the transition from communism and into a European Union that has issues of women's employment, work-life balance, and gender equality at the heart of its social policy.
- Author BiographyGillian Pascall is Professor of Social Policy at the University of Nottingham, UK. She has a long-standing interest in the relationship between gender and welfare states. Anna Kwak is Professor at the Institute of Applied Social Sciences at the University of Warsaw. She has written widely on the family and has particular interest in contemporary transformation of family life.
- Author(s)Anna Kwak,Gillian Pascall
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.